How to perform remote examination for civil servants?
Civil Service Department is looking for an innovative solution that would allow the examination of civil servants in a modern, safe and convenient way.
- In March 2020 following the announcement of the first quarantine for COVID-19, the legislation was changed and the remote selection of civil servants started within a few days. During the second quarantine, the entire selection for the civil service also takes place only remotely.
- Even after the threat of COVID-19 is handled, a significant number of recruitment competitions will continue to be remote. This is convenient for both applicants and selection committee members. However, remote competitions currently have some limitations, in particular those with a large number of candidates.
- The recruitment competitions are organized in two stages. Applicants first take the computer-based test, and the best ones get to the second stage. The Civil Service Department has a testing platform, but it is not fully adapted for online use. The second stage – interviews takes a long time, even up to 2 or 3 days.
The solution should:
- Ensure the confidentiality of test tasks – so that they are not disclosed to third parties.
- Ensure that the candidate solving the test does not use the help of other person or cheats in another way.
- Ensure equal opportunities, transparency and fairness of the competition to all candidates.
Solution evaluation criteria
- Innovativeness and relevance of the solution (40% of the total score)
- Commercial potential and competitiveness of the solution (40% of the total score)
- Competences and motivation of the authors of the solution (20% of the total score)
If you have questions about the process, participation, deadlines or anything related to the GovTech Challenge Series, contact us by e.mail – firstname.lastname@example.org