How to improve access to public services for people with hearing difficulties?
Ministry of Social Security and Labour seeks to make it easier for people with hearing difficulties to access public services by automating translation ordering or translation services themselves.
- There are about 4 500 people in Lithuania with hearing impairments;
- To contact someone, and especially to access public services over the phone, these people must book a sign language translator and wait;
- The deaf are no longer stigmatized, but they lack convenient tools.
- Phase I: Development of a mobile application, solving the “communication triangle” (the requirement to manually order translation services in advance);
- Phase II: Application of artificial intelligence tool for real-time translation from / into sign language.
If you have other questions about the process, participation, deadlines, or anything related to GovTech Challenge Series 2.0, please contact us by email email@example.com