E-solution for people with intellectual disabilities
The Youth Day Center is looking for an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand e-solution that would ensure the independent participation of people with intellectual disabilities in the process of buying and selling services and goods.
- The number of people with disabilities in Lithuania and in the world is constantly increasing. In Europe, the number of disabled people is around 10-15%. The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, ratified by the European Union, recognizes the equal right of all persons with disabilities to live in the community.
- It is especially difficult for people with intellectual disabilities to be full members of the community.
- The main difficulty – these people due to disability, inability to read, count, understand the value of money – can not use buy and sell services.
- An alternative (easy to read and easy to understand) e-solution is being sought, which would ensure the independent participation of persons with intellectual disabilities in the process of purchase and sale of services and goods.
- A person would become independent of the help of others, preserve their dignity, even without realizing the value of money would have access to an e-solution (payment tool) without exceeding their financial means.
- This would be a means of preventing exploitation.
- It would be a tool to enable business to become not only green, socially responsible, but also friendly to the person with intellectual disabilities.