How to detect unsafe products on the web?
State Consumer Rights Protection Authority seeks innovative tools that would allow easier detection of unsafe or dangerous products and their sellers on the internet.
- Currently, unsafe and dangerous product detection is done manually, by searching for keywords, photos, etc.;
- However, this method is not effective enough and is used very rarely due to the human resources required.
- The Authority is facing a problem to:
- identify unsafe and dangerous products sold online;
- find the sellers of unsafe products;
- assess the risk that the products cause or undertake safety tests when these products are not unavailable for physical tests.
The solution should:
- The search functionality should be as vast in its formats as possible: unique naming, barcode, photos, etc.;
- Continuous search of suspected products and sellers;
- High precision in the detection mechanism so that minimal human intervention would be needed.
If you have other questions about the process, participation, deadlines, or anything related to GovTech Challenge Series 2.0, please contact us by email email@example.com