How to automatically log plane movements in the airport?
Lithuanian Airports seek to automate tracking of plane movements and procedures using visual material from available cameras at the airport.
- Currently, data on plane movements at the airport is collected manually and stored in spreadsheets or other systems;
- The data is then „cleaned“ and is sent manually or through radio waves to responsible institutions;
- Collecting information manually can lead to human error, human resources are wasted and data collected is limited in its quality and extensiveness;/p>
- Without the necessary information, decision-making takes longer, planes are forced to stay idle. In other words, the fact that operations in the airport are organized with a static schedule and not an ad-hoc dynamic system is detrimental to the effectiveness of the airport;
- Moreover, there is no automated control of illegal movements in the airport (especially in the vulnerable takeoff area).
The identification of:
- The plane number;
- Status recognition when the plane touches the ground and ends landing;
- Data collection on the duration of movement on the ground, the end of movement, parking, engine turn-off and turn-on, boarding, refuelling, filling the baggage, charging, standby, takeoff and other information;
- All in an automated manner, using video cameras.
If you have other questions about the process, participation, deadlines, or anything related to GovTech Challenge Series 2.0, please contact us by email email@example.com