How to automatically log plane movements in the airport?
Lithuanian Airports seek to automate tracking of plane movements and procedures using visual material from available cameras at the airport.
- Currently, data on plane movements at the airport is collected manually and stored in spreadsheets or other systems;
- The data is then „cleaned“ and is sent manually or through radio waves to responsible institutions;
- Collecting information manually can lead to human error, human resources are wasted and data collected is limited in its quality and extensiveness;/p>
- Without the necessary information, decision-making takes longer, planes are forced to stay idle. In other words, the fact that operations in the airport are organized with a static schedule and not an ad-hoc dynamic system is detrimental to the effectiveness of the airport;
- Moreover, there is no automated control of illegal movements in the airport (especially in the vulnerable takeoff area).
The identification of:
If you have other questions about the process, participation, deadlines, or anything related to GovTech Challenge Series 2.0, please contact us by email email@example.com