How to reduce access to illegal audiovisual content in an innovative way?
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania is looking for a smart solution that would help reduce access to illegal audiovisual content.
- Music and audiovisual works (films, series, TV programs, sports broadcasts) are some of the most sought-after and used works on the Internet, and their popularity and use has been further enhanced by the introduced restrictions for services and events (eg. culture and sports) in the country due to coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. These circumstances are likely to have intensified the search for information and entertainment on the Internet, while inevitably increasing the risk of the consumption of illegal content.
- The extent of piracy is also influenced by whether a country is a large market share: it usually determines how attractive the country’s market is to the world’s well-known developers and the intellectual products they create. Although the number of legal content platforms in Lithuania has slightly increased in recent years, this supply (market) is still insufficient, and the population still lacks knowledge not only about the supply of legal platforms, but also about the importance of using legal content for modern society, its economy and prosperity.
In order to reduce consumer access to illegal audiovisual content, a digital solution is needed – a smart legal content platform with the following functionalities:
- identification (filtering) and indexing of illegal content (eg. using an integrative interface with a list of blocked illegal websites and other approved sources);
- warning the user about illegal (or potentially illegal) audiovisual content and directing them to the legal content platform according to the relevant content they are looking for;
- identification of illegal content (according to a set or list of certain criteria / conditions / matches) on Internet search sites or the use and implementation of other solutions related to the application of content search or ranking systems (algorithms);
- creation of a mobile application or other user-friendly environment or interface (for example, using the domain www.naudoklegaliai.lt or www.legaliai.lt), etc.